Sunday, June 13, 2010

Settled In

About to start week number three at the Chronicle, and I have to say I've learned more in 2 weeks than I ever have. I think my relationship with my editor is getting better as I am getting used to hearing criticism and no longer on pins and needles when I come from assignment. This past week was good though, I got my first photo ran in City and State( I made sure to grab several copies that day, i hope no one noticed,lol). The photo was a feature, that showed construction workers for the new ballet building assembling scaffolding, which meant that they formed a straight line for at least 6 stories straight up the building, it made for quit a photo, it was the best feeling to have steve pat me on the back, and shake my hand, and say "job well done." I finally felt like I had been accepted and become part of the crew at that moment.

The winner:
Do work

Honorable mentions:
Rene Casara, interview

This photo was from an assignment I had to shoot a portrait of this piano legend in the latino community. I remember hearing the piano an approached the door and having this strange calm cover over me, it was definitely surreal

Minuti

First take a food photography, Minuti Coffee a block from the Chronicle building

No comments:

Post a Comment