Sunday, June 27, 2010

Progression




It's been about a month now at the Chronicle and I already gained a years worth of experience. I can sum up all the yelling, bitching, and disappointment over the past four weeks into 4 basic tips for improving your photography at any skill level

1. Get close

2. Be aggressive

3. Be patient

4. Take me somewhere I can't go

I was really impressed by staff photographer Nick da la torre, when I tagged along with him during a portrait shoot on Friday..I took note of his confidence and how he carries himself during a shoot. I really admire him for his bluntness, while this takes some getting used too, I understand that he is only trying to help me. I have included some video from the shoot on Friday.

On Assignment! from John Jiles Jr. on Vimeo.








I close with some of my personal standouts from the past month.

Almost forgot! I finished my year long 365 project!
Read the description here http://www.flickr.com/photos/john_jiles/4718195513/

365|365 Farewell

I went to a boxing match!

boxing6

boxing1

I got on the AP wire!

kick push

No comments:

Post a Comment